Nukeproof Mega 275 Pro Mountain Bike 2019
Sale items are not available on Finance. Please contact us to order and confirm cost for delivery.
Since 1999 the infamous Megavalanche race, which starts from the highest point on Pic Blanc (3300m) above the village of Alpe D’Huez has been synonymous with all mountain riding and the highest level of true mountain bike racing.
Conceived originally in 2009 by the development team at Nukeproof in an attempt to build the perfect bike for this exact style of racing, the Mega was born. Now in its 4th evolution, the Mega is podium proven. It has tasted success with numerous national and international race wins to its name.
Designed to excel on the toughest enduro tracks; the gravity focused specification is designed to descend fast but maintain the pedalling efficiency for all-day epics.
For 2019 Nukeproof has focussed on the smallest details in order to improve an already podium proven chassis. Making the decision to commit to a dedicated 1x drivetrain configuration across all models, this enabled its engineers to utilise the space required for a front derailleur to increase the main pivot bearing placement ensuring that maximum stiffness is achieved. This additional stiffness prevents torsional flex under pedalling and helps the chassis track through high speed, rough terrain without compromise.
With stiffness in mind, Nukeproof took the time to incorporate the very latest Boost 148 rear axle spacing allowing it to spec much stiffer and stronger wheels both front and rear. All 2019 Nukeproof Mega models will come with new wider spaced Boost wheels and forks enabling the rider to feel even more confident on the increased capability of the bike.
Updated Race Geometry
With the demands of Enduro World Series racers progressing at a rapid rate, Nukeproof looked again at its geometry and saw an opportunity to tailor the frames to suit not only the fastest racers, but the growing tribe of riders that utilise its bikes every weekend whether that be shuttling runs at their favourite bike park, or heading off for an all-day epic in the local hills.
Slightly taller head tube lengths help tailor the cockpit feel to increase rider confidence, and a lengthened top tube on large and extra-large frames should help even the tallest of riders feel at home on the new Mega 275 Pro.
Metric Shock Sizing
The product development team work extremely closely with Nukeproof's suspension partners and spent endless hours working on the perfect shock configuration for the new Mega. The perfect partnership between rear shock technology and frame kinematics has always been in the very root of its thought process when developing bikes and the new Mega with its brand new ’metric’ shock standard is no different. Designed to work perfectly with both air and coil sprung rear shocks, Nukeproof has addressed some of the areas that it felt could be improved on over the previous design such as hardware improvements and higher spec shocks across the board.
The new Mega 275 Pro utilises the brand new RockShox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, with a rocker link mounted bearing system to improve shock sensitivity and reduce the amount of wear through heavy usage. This combination adds even more stiffness to the chassis through these more secure fixtures and the ‘Metric’ rear shock system with increased bushing overlap.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 275 Alloy, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, custom tuned rear shock configuration, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Charger 2 RC 170mm, 46mm Offset, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 ML1S 230x65mm (Comes with 2x bottomless tokens fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax Elite, 27.5", 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax Elite, 27.5", XD, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5" x 2.4, Gum -X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant 7K Alloy Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 32T, B148, DUB
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain Guide: MRP AMg V2, 32-38T, ISCG-05, black
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon AL 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, 31.8mm Clamp, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth; S: 390mm length, 125mm drop; M: 440mm length, 150mm drop; L/XL: 480mm length, 170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
Delivery is £4.25 to the UK mainland, except for bikes & e-bikes which we will advise cost based on your address.
Delivery will usually be within 3-5 working days. We may occasionally need to order stock in before dispatching it to you, in this case delivery will take 5-10 working days.
If you would like delivery outside of the UK then please contact us on 01787 379406 so we can provide you with a shipping price.
Changed your mind?
We are happy to accept goods back and provide a full product refund on the following basis:
- You contact us within 14 days of receipt via phone (01787 379406) or email (email@example.com)
- The goods are returned to us within 28 days of receipt.
- The goods are in perfect, re-sellable condition including all packaging.
- The buyer will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- Delivery costs are non-refundable.
We would advise you use a tracked delivery service as we cannot be held liable for loss of an item on its way back to us. Please note that postage costs are non-refundable.
We inspect all items before they are dispatched from us, damaged or defected items are not knowingly sold. If your item is faulty, we will provide a full refund or exchange on the following basis:
- You notify us as soon you identify the issue by phone (01787 379406) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Depending on the size of the item you are returning, we will either arrange a collection or ask you to return the product to us. Once we inspect the item we will process your refund (including delivery costs) or arrange an exchange if preferred.
We deliver your bike Ready To Ride..
Our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery to you.
We provide everything you need, all you have to do is follow the simple detailed instructions using the FREE tools which we include with your bike.
1. Open the box
2. Rotate & tighten the handlebars
2. Add the pedals (if included)
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly video below:
Please note that all bikes ordered and collected from our shop, are also built, tested and handed over to you Ready to Ride.
Note: Most bikes will just need handlebars rotated and secured before riding, but we occasionally have to remove the handlebars from the bike so it fits into the box. If this is the case, full instructions will be provided and all the tools you need will be included.