Torque Bikes Limited Terms & Conditions
Your statutory rights are not affected by our Returns Policy. To the extent that any provision in our Returns Policy conflicts with your statutory rights, your statutory rights will prevail and the particular offending provision in our Returns Policy will be deemed inapplicable.
Returns (refunds and exchanges)
If you are unhappy with your item, please let us know. Our Returns Policy gives you 30 days to return or exchange an item bought in-store or online with a valid receipt.
For online purchases, your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. To meet the cancellation deadline, please notify us via email or phone about cancelling the order before the cancellation period has expired.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the order, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of your cancellation.
If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, we cannot offer you a refund or exchange.
While you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the order.
You will not have any right to cancel an order for the supply of any of the following goods:
(a) the supply of goods that are made to the customer's specification or are clearly personalised.
In addition you will lose your right to cancel if you:
(a) unseal goods that are not suitable for return if they are unsealed, due to health protection or hygiene reasons.
(b) combine goods with other goods after delivery so that they become inseparable.
To be eligible for a refund or exchange, goods must be returned in a re-saleable condition. That means your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. The item must be in the original packaging and returned with any accessories, labels and “free gifts” or bonus items.
To complete your refund or exchange, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Under the Consumer Rights Act you have an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund.
But this right is limited to 30 days from the date you took ownership of the goods (this could be the date of purchase or the date the goods were delivered to you - whichever is later).
After the initial 30 days, you can't demand a full refund in the first instance, but you still have the right to a repair or replacement.
Refunds (if applicable)
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 14 calendar days. If you paid for standard delivery of the goods, the cost of standard delivery will also be refunded.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Books or other paper products with obvious signs of use;
- Any item not in its original condition, which is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error; and
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com or 01797 379406.
- Sale items
We do not offer refunds for sale items, unless they are faulty.
Exchange (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange an item for the same item, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and post your item to: Torque Bikes, 70 Cross Street, Sudbury CO10 1QW
To return your product, please mail your product to: Torque Bikes, 70 Cross Street, Sudbury CO10 1QW with your details and reason for returning.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item, unless the item is faulty. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. If you are shipping an item over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance as we cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Right to cancel
In addition to our Returns Policy, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days from the day you receive your goods if you are an online, mail or telephone order customer. You then have a further 14 days from the date you notify the us of your cancellation to return the goods. The refund will include any standard delivery charges paid. You will be responsible for the cost of returning a cancelled order to us.
To exercise your right to cancel follow the steps below:
- Notify us that you wish to return your items by sending email to email@example.com
We will refund to you the price paid for the items and (unless you did not pay for delivery) the delivery charges that you paid up to a maximum amount of the cost of our Standard Delivery option. You will be refunded to your original method of payment within 14 calendar days of our receipt of the cancelled items or, if earlier, within 14 days from the day we receive proof of return from you. If we do not receive the cancelled items back, we may arrange to collect them from you at your cost.
- Website Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website confirms your acceptance of these terms.
1.1 It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website. However, particular areas of this website will only be accessible only if you have registered.
Use of website
1.2 This website may be used for your own private purposes and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1.3 You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
1.4 All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
1.5 Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor provided material
1.7 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
1.8 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 1.7.
Links to and from other websites
1.9 Throughout this website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
1.10 Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
(c) the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
1.11 By linking to this website in breach of clause 1.10 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
1.12 Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
1.13 All material contained on this website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this website at your own discretion.
Exclusion of liability
1.14 We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website.
1.15 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence which cannot be excluded or under the law of the United Kingdom.
1.16 Your order will be processed and delivered without undue delay, no later than 30 days after your order has been placed.
1.17 Please allow for up to 7 working days for delivery following the dispatch of your order.
Cancellations, returns and refunds
1.18 All customers have the right to cancel their order under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. Any dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Orders delivered to outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes when they reach their destination. You will be responsible for paying any such import duties and taxes.
- Loyalty Programme Terms & Conditions
- The Torque Bikes Loyalty Programme is free to join. To become a member, you need to provide us with your full name and unique email address.
- Members email address is also their membership “username” therefore must be unique.
- Points can only be earned and redeemed in store. Points cannot be redeemed or earned via online transactions – website or social media.
- Points can only be collected at the time of transaction and cannot be added retrospectively.
- To collect points; Members must present their Loyalty Card or provide their email address at the till when paying.
- To earn points, Members must purchase qualifying products in a single transaction. Points will not be awarded for non-qualifying products like purchasing Gift Vouchers or some sale items. Products which are excluded from the programme are at the discretion of Torque Bikes Ltd.
- Torque Bikes Ltd may set additional terms & conditions in relation to promotional offers.
- Torque Bikes Ltd are entitled to remove points at any time if products are returned for any reason and a full or partial refund us given. This also applies to the exchange of products unless the exchange is for products of equivalent points value.
- Points awarded may be removed if Torque Bikes Ltd has a reason to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or they were awarded in error.
- The current conversion rate of Points is 10 points is equal to £0.01 and can only be redeemed against qualifying products and services at Torque Bikes Ltd.
- Points cannot be redeemed against part or full purchase of Gift Vouchers.
- Points cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Torque Bikes Ltd is under no obligation to award Points for any reason outside of qualifying transactions.
- Any participation of the programme is considered as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Loyalty Card remains the property of Torque Bikes Ltd who may at any time terminate, alter or change the Terms and Conditions of the programme.
- All Members of the programme must be a resident of the UK and aged 18 years or over.
- Members must register for the programme and notify Torque Bikes Ltd of any changes. Torque Bikes cannot be held responsible for any loss of points as a result of out of date details.
- Members are responsible for activating their account. Torque Bikes Ltd cannot be held responsible for any points loss due to inactivation of account.
- New accounts which have not been activated within 12 months will be removed and any points earned will be forfeited.
- The Loyalty Card is non-transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by one Member who is named and registered for the card.
- Loyalty Points are not transferable and cannot be bought, sold or traded.
- Loyalty Card remains the responsibility of the Member as do any security detailed relating to their account. Torque Bikes Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the Member failing to ensure the safe keeping of these items.
- By providing Torque Bikes Ltd with your email address you automatically become a Member of the programme. You are free to choose not to activate your membership or leave the programme at any time – all points will be forfeited.
- Points are non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Points which are not redeemed within 24 months will expire and be removed from your membership account. Torque Bikes Ltd are not responsible for loss of points due to expiry.